This Is How We Roll

^^ That Florida Georgia Line song has been on repeat all week over here! B is a pro at rolling to his side and just recently started rolling onto his tummy where he often gets stuck in “turtle mode.” It’s supposedly easier for babies to roll tummy to back, but he doesn’t get that one as much. He is not so fond of being on his tummy! He has started to sleep on his side though, which is cute. I feel so bad for babies who have to sleep on their back 100% of the night. I would HATE that myself!

Breakfast rolled out as a yogurt parfait with layers of full-fat plain yogurt, cantaloupe, banana, coconut, and granola. Alllllll about that crunch.

‘Twas a freezing week here in Virginia. But as I remind myself all the time, it’s MARCH which means winter is allllmost over.

We bundled up for several walks outside to enjoy the sunshine. I’ll take cold sun over warm rain any day. (This is the new version of the JJ Cole Bundleme Birch is in. He was warm and slept for over an hour cozy in there!)

I grew up calling these hats toboggans. I know most of you call them beanies. And toboggans are sleds up north. But some googling led me to believe that we call the hat toboggan because it’s a hat you would wear while riding one. ANYways, I don’t really own any because hats make my head itch, but I borrowed this one from Thomas. Do I look cool?

Sawyer thought I did! I saw me walk by his playground came to say hi! I sent this photo to his mommy who was hard at work and her heart melted.

I thought I was so smart putting my Apple Watch on the outside of my glove so I wouldn’t have to expose skin to check it. My phone kept pinging my whole walk, and I was so confused until I realized that my watch had outsmarted me and thought I wasn’t wearing it because it wasn’t on my skin. Guess I’ll have to go back to moving my coat to peek in on it. Just another reason I can’t wait for short sleeves!

How we roll:

Lunches this week were centered around my favorite curried sweet potato + farro salad from Plenty. So many herbs. So much flavor! Another day Thomas and I had a sandwich date at noon. I love it when he comes home for lunch. We had turkey + cheese and pita chips! And another day I took Roots to Hillary to meet her new baby boy! <3

Mazey got some new soccer cleats! We all start soccer this week. Mazen is on his same team from last fall, Thomas is back on his old co-ed team, and I’m playing women’s league this spring. I can’t wait for my first outdoor game! I’m ready to run.

Mazen made the best DIY trail mix at Wegmans. I’ve been stealing it to have over yogurt and out of hand for snacks. Must be those delicious M&Ms and chocolates that have me hooked!

We made panko pork chops with roasted potatoes and salad for dinner on Sunday night.

And I turned the leftovers into a thrifty salad the next night when we had “clean out the fridge” Monday. (You’ll see the official version of this salad soon!)

Hope there’s a lotta relaxing ahead in your weekend!

The post This Is How We Roll appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2Tojsv4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049