Gang’s All Here!

We had such great weather this week. Lots of sunshine, warm temps, and stroller walking!

Like my new hat?!? Thomas and I took an impromptu trip to Mezeh for dinner on Monday night. I was craving the caramelized eggplant hard! We popped into Mincers next door to buy some UVA things. Thomas went a little crazy. He is still glowing from the big win.

Breakfast Burrito

I started the day with a bacon, egg, and cheese burrito that I made with leftovers from Sunday breakfast. This was a nice change from the ushe!

First Time In The Bob Stroller

B and I went for several walks this week, and I tried my first stroller run with him. He immediately fell asleep, so I’d say he found it very relaxing : ) Running with B is a lot easier than running with Mazen. I think I last ran with him when he was about 3.5 and a lot heavier! But it was still not easy. One great thing about stroller running is the ability to bring a water bottle and your phone.

Salmon Salad

I made salmon salad for lunch with a packet of wild salmon plus carrots, celery, capers, relish, mayo, mustard, curry powder, and a little sour cream (which is why it’s so runny!) Served with pita chips for dipping and grapes.

Great Harvest Goodies

One of our walks led us down to Great Harvest where I picked up a bunch of goodies! Iced raisin bread, Cville Cluster granola, a scuffin, a muffin, a salted caramel cookie (SO GOOD!) and some biscotti. Once home, I made a carb-free lunch so I could have my carbs for dessert!

Salad + BBQ that Thomas brought home!

Dessert was delish…

I had that iced raisin bread for breakfast the next day along with an egg and berries. The icing came on the side and you drizzle it on as you eat it. (Mazen loved this!)

Mazen: Artist, Athlete, Trickster

Quote from Mazen: “It’s so cool that the Easter Bunny knew I was an artist!” These washable brush pens from his Easter basket are great! Also these fill-in-the-blank thank you notes have already been used to thank our neighbor for some chocolates she brought over for Mazen.

Our neighbors across the street just put up a slack line that is all the rage for the kids. I’ve said it before, but we are so lucky to have so many kids in all the houses around us! M and I went over after dinner one night to check it out.

Workouts

Those kids play “secret base” in my house all the time, and they run in and out hiding things. Like when I found these three spiders next to my weights the next day.

My workouts this week:

Mon: Outdoor run while babysitter was here (~3.25 miles)

Tues: Bob walk/run to Great Harvest and the greenway (~3.5 miles)

Wed: Started new iFit program in Portugal! Run + walking cool down. (~3.7 miles)

Thurs: Aaptiv weight training + power walk on treadmill

The Big Yellow Bus

Birch loves to sit on the porch and watch the cars and trucks. (Seriously, if you turn his head in his spins around so he can see what’s going by). It’s extra fun when the big yellow bus goes by! (Actually our bus stop is a block away and I have to walk to meet it, but on days that Matt gets Mazen we greet him on the porch before they go home. It would be SO convenient if the bus stopped in front of our house. If Birch is napping I have to ask the neighbors to walk Mazen up the block for me because I can’t leave.)

Plenty Dinners

I got two entrees this week. First, grilled salmon kebobs with pineapple, mango salsa and coconut rice. LOVED this and had it as leftovers for two lunches!

And chicken fajitas! (With more peach salsa.)

Kid Food

Mazen had his salmon kebobs outside as a picnic. It was one of those perfect days and this was his request. Shortly after a bunny with a picnic basket of plastic food join him!

Birch’s food of the week was carrots!!

Beautycounter Update: Before + After

I did a little update on Beautycounter in my Stories this week. I didn’t even realize how much more even and glowy my skin was until I put these two photos side by side.

Left side is April 12 and right side is April 24. Just under two weeks. This was taken first thing in the morning. Nothing on my face (except last night’s night cream!) and no edits or filters. So far I am REALLY happy with the results!

What I’ve been using at night:

I think the Overnight Resurfacing Peel + Brightening Oil are the ones making the biggest difference, as both are designed to brighten, even skin tone, reduce fine lines, and make you glow. I plan to do a more detailed post about all of this, including my morning + night routines, soon!

Hope you guys have a GREAT weekend!! My parents are coming, and we are excited!!

The post Gang’s All Here! appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2UGUa6T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub