Hot Shots

Mazen has really started to get into sports lately! I had never heard him mention baseball or basketball before, and he apparently knows about both. I assume from PE class or the school playground. Thomas had a lightweight bat and ball that we broke out on Saturday, and Mazen and Grammie played lots of ball-bouncing games during her visit. Matt took him to the Nike store here in town and he came home with the above head-to-toe outfit. He looks so grown up to me here! (Love the kicks!)

It was a sports weekend because the whole crew came to my soccer game on Sunday. I played over 90 minutes through, and boy was I beat by the end. I loved having everyone come to the game. I could hear Mazen cheering “Go Kaaaath” while I ran. Haha! I covered about 7 miles!  My legs were throbbing at bedtime and I couldn’t fall asleep until hours later when I covered them in DoTerra Deep Blue. It might have been a little too much soccer! On Monday I simply walked because I didn’t want to do anything more than stretching my legs.

Sunday night my parents babysat for us so T and I could go on a date. We tried to go to the new restaurant here, Little Star, but it was closed, so we ended up across the street at Oakhart Social. Can’t go wrong!

We shared the above shaved vegetable salad (which was SO good – the breadcrumbs!), the most delicious grilled carrots in a buttermilk dressing with candied pecans, lamb with grits, and this delish mushroom pizza.

Grammie and Mazen played a great restaurant game at home. Birch ordered a milkshake.

On Monday morning Pea got up early to walk Mazen to school with the neighbors. He said they squealed and ran the whole way like a pack of kids heading to Disney. How do they have so much energy!

Grammie and I stayed home and ate big bowls of oatmeal.

During Birch’s nap, I set Grammie up on the treadmill with a hike through Hawaii. She loved it! I’m trying to convince her how much she would love having a tread in her house. She might also love having a dog because Gussie is sure obsessed with his Grammie!

We were sad to send G+P on their way home so we had ice cream cones with sprinkles. I bought these Three Twins brand cones from Whole Foods and keep them in the freezer. They sure make ice cream extra fun!

We have been back to the usual weekly routine – kindergarten, momming, working, nursing, etc.

French toast with PB, mango and blueberries + kale salad with leftover pizza.

The post Hot Shots appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2ZK7gEh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049