Life Lately

Heyyyyy, friends!

It’s almost Friday and Spring break (for Mal) is just around the corner! We’re excited to take a family trip to New York City this weekend to visit friends and our vacation can’t come soon enough!

(I stumbled upon this photo of Quinn from a few years ago, and his expression is just so adorable and makes me smile every time I see it. I just had to share it again!)

So, life lately… minus strep throat (Quinn ended up getting it too) has been going well. I feel like I am FINALLY getting into a groove with nutrition clients, Beautycounter, and the blog. For years (yes, years), I’ve felt so incredibly unsettled and stressed about everything. It was just too much to handle for one person, but now I have a team of nutrition coaches and a couple of people helping me with blog-related stuff. Obviously, things aren’t perfect and there’s always room for improvement, but I feel like things are coming together.

Related to stress: When I was in Phoenix, I met a consultant who told me about a book called “The Upside of Stress,” which is all about why stress can be good and how to make it work for you. I actually have 3 books on my nightstand right now, so I decided to opt for the author’s Ted Talk and related podcast episodes, and it’s really great. Her thoughts and research on stress is super interesting. Just wanted to share!

I’m trucking along with plant-based nutrition. I’m still eating meat, but only once a day or every other day. It’s definitely a challenge to meet my daily protein goal, but if there’s a will, there’s way! I’ve eaten a lot of “protein bowls” lately, so I have a blog post recapping them and sharing how I make them high in protein.

I’m also trucking along with weekly visits to our local fro-yo shop. The whole family is loving fro-yo lately!

Quinn is also loving his soccer shin guards and insists on wearing them even when he’s not playing. I mean, they do make him look really cool!

I’ve received a ton of requests from nutrition clients and readers for EASY, healthy meals, so I put together an email series sharing my favorite 3-ingredient meals. Ok, well, technically, some have 4-5 ingredients, but they’re super easy and most of them you probably already have in your kitchen. Long story short, be sure to sign up to get 18 delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox!

Mal’s dad is getting re-married in June (on Quinn’s birthday), so we’re preparing for the big day. Quinn got fitted for a tux a couple of weeks ago – and, my gosh, he looked handsome. Well, “fitted” actually means we bought a tux for him. Apparently, it’s more expensive to get a kid’s tux altered versus purchasing one. Now that Quinn owns his own tux, I think he should be “Boss Baby” for Halloween. Haha!

I’m still recruiting consultants for my team this month. I have two spots open. If you’re interested, drop me an email at tinabeautycounter@gmail.com. It’s such a great part-time gig! 🙂

Question of the Day

Are you on spring break next week? Doing anything fun? 

What book(s) are you reading right now? 

The post Life Lately appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2KBnYCu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049