Sprinkled With Sprinkles

We spent a lot of time on the front porch this weekend! Friday + Saturday both had beautiful weather and we spent a lot of the weekend just hanging out at home. Birch loves it out there!

Friday

On Friday we went for a stroller run that led us downtown and I had the idea to pick up some Chaps Birthday Cake ice cream for Thomas. Sprinkles #1.

Mazen was at Matt’s for the night (actually they were at Friday’s After Five enjoying pizza + music) and we had a simple little night at home. B took his afternoon cat nap on Thomas while we rocked.

Sip sip! The best hour.

We had leftovers salads for dinner to keep things easy. The temptation for take out was strong though!

Greens, homemade dressing, chicken, sweet potato lentil salad.

Friday nights are for bubble baths!

And not for working! But I wanted to put the finishing touches on this “popular posts” gallery I created on this page. I had to research, install, and set up a plugin. These things are so much easier said than done. I’d love to do this for my nutrition page someday, but there are SO many more posts and I’m not sure how long it would take. You can find a visual gallery on Pinterest already. Perhaps I could just start with the best ones? Are there any popular posts I missed that should be included here??

And then we had our special ice cream with a cookie Melissa, our sister in law, brought over from Breadworks! Sprinkles on sprinkles.

Saturday

On Saturday morning I went to class at ACAC. It was one of the hardest / my best yet. Coffee + banana with PB before I left.

And a little rooftop sunshine after!

Then MORE breakfast and MORE coffee! Eggs + bacon + blueberries.

Mid-morning I intercepted Mazen on his way home and swooped him up for a birthday party. If this cake looks familiar that’s because Betty Ashton ordered the same one as the 10′ cake from the Nest County Fair!

How cute is this little man digging in!? It was DELISH and I definitely had cake for lunch : )

I had a few bites of salad when I got home to help fill me up.

Between my workout class, standing in the sun for a while and the sugar crash of cake, I was exhausted in the afternoon and took a nap when Birch did. It was nice to relax for a bit!

Due to nap schedules and bedtimes, we didn’t get to make it out to a Derby party this year, but we watched from home. I opened this rose in honor of the Run for the Roses. It’s from Winc and one of my favorite roses they make!

And to wrap up the night, we made homemade pizzas. Easy, cheesy.

It was a wild Saturday night reading in bed.

Sunday

On Sunday we woke up to gloom and rain. Thomas made French toast with bacon and fruit for a cozy breakfast.

We had a classmate of Mazen’s over for a playdate which was great. They played hours of make-believe and Legos.

Hope you guys had a fun weekend. I am SO GLAD summer is here!

The post Sprinkled With Sprinkles appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2vEXRjB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049