Summer Kick Off Week

Trying to get Little Birchie to smile!!

Mazen will be doing three different camps this summer (one of them is a grandparent camp in the Adirondacks with Karen!) But before his busy summer of fun began, I wanted to give him a week with no plans so he could veg out, 1990 style. While it was a little more chaotic than normal having him home a lot this week, it was also fairly relaxing. I shifted my schedule around so when he was here I was “just” a mom, and it was really nice that he didn’t have to get up for the bus at 6:10am! He came into my room on Wednesday and proclaimed that he “slept in like a teenager” until 7:30.

Learning to blow bubbles

Matt and I took him to get his passport renewed on Tuesday. (That vest!!)

He was also very helpful with Birch! This was the Brothersitting scene while I took a shower:

We did several crafts and had a lesson in mixology.

We played basketball (aka I rocked Birch on the porch and we counted Mazen’s dribbles) and took B on a walk.

We had a big animal party with lots of pillows.

And we had a playdate at a friends’ house – BBQ chicken sandwiches and couscous salad.

The main thing we DIDN’T do was go to the pool. It was a bit on the chilly side this week, but Matt and Mazen went a few times. It was too cold for me and Birch! Plus I’m a little scared to take B to the pool mostly because he still has to be held a lot of the time. I’m really, really glad Mazen can swim though! I can’t imagine taking a baby and a sort-of swimmer to the pool at the same time. We played in the “hot tub” instead:

Meals

Daily Harvest Chai Smoothie with Granola

Egg salad with cucumber, peanut sauce, strawberries, and chips

Thai crunch salad and black bean burrito

(Both from Plenty!)

Homemade pizza with salad

I hope you guys have a great weekend, and a Happy Father’s Day!

The post Summer Kick Off Week appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2KMtD6Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049