This Is Us

Good morning + happy Monday! How was your weekend? I always sit down and imagine you guys in all corners of the country – some with sunny, hot weather and others maybe with some chilly rain. And I know some of you are reading on the other side of the planet! In our corner of the earth, we had sun followed by lots of clouds and then finally cold rain. It wasn’t the most summery weekend.

Friday Happy Hour + Porch Time

Birch and I love to wait on the porch for Thomas to come home from work on Fridays! Then we have happy hour out there while we catch up.

I opened one of my Scout + Cellar wines – a Zinfandel from California. ‘Twas quite good!

Our fridge was empty and we ended up getting takeout tacos from La Michoacana. They were authentically delicious!

Birch loved his pouch + puffs!

Thomas and I watched the first two episodes of the new Handmaid’s Tale. It might be my favorite show of all time. It’s so well done. If you haven’t seen it yet, go watch!!

Saturday Workout

Birch woke up at 5:30 and T and I traded off trying to rock him back to sleep. I was dragging a bit and wanted to crawl back in bed, but I opted to go to my favorite gym class since it had been a few weeks and was so glad I did!

I never regret a workout. Like my latest fanny pack!?

Breakfast

The best post-workout snack. I love having a fridge of watermelon in the summertime!

I had a bigger breakfast after my shower. Yogurt + crumbled raspberry bar + almond butter + banana.

Lunch

Later on, I had a smoked salmon, cheddar cheese and veggie sandwich. Plus peppers with blue cheese dip.

A Visit To The Country

Thomas’s cousin, Blaine, and his wife, Haley, came down for a day visit all afternoon. We headed to Jefferson Vineyards after catching up to get some fresh country air and let Mazen run around a bit.

Girls, relaxing. Haley is due with her first baby the same day I was due with Mazen, August 31!

Photo credit to Mazen! We look kind of warped with our heads at the top of the photo.

Dinner at Three Notch’d

Next stop: Three Notch’d for dinner!

We had pretzel bites to start, naturally. And I had a tofu salad and beer sampler with a delicious honeysuckle summer ale!

Love our lobster high chair! B tried some mac and cheese and tofu!

Thomas and I had ice cream after the kids were in bed.

Cozy, Rainy Sunday

We had a snuggly morning at home. Thomas made biscuits and eggs for breakfast. Nona took Mazen bowling and to lunch, and we took Birch to the gym. It poured down rain all day, but it was a cozy time.

The post This Is Us appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2ZgAoSs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub