Thought Download

I would gladly trade a dinner date for a soccer field date!

Update: Wine On The Weekends

Remember when I wrote this post about getting a little too habitual with a daily drink and cutting back to just the weekends? I am happy to say that it has gone REALLY well! I’ve been on the “plan” since January and have bent the rules about five times. I’m calling that a huge success! My intention was never to create hard rules that felt like restriction. Instead I wanted some structure to my week that would help me break the habit and give me a reason to say no. The few times I have had a drink during the week I’ve usually had some underlying reason – a leftover open bottle of wine I really didn’t want to dump out so I finished the last glass or a good reason to celebrate. I also changed the rules a bit so that I can choose between Thursday OR Sunday as my third day but either way I’m still doing 3 days on and 4 days off. I’m feeling really good about the change!

Swig Wine Tumbler

Speaking of drinking (on the weekends!) I bought this Swig Wine Tumbler at a local gift shop and it’s so great for summer sips! A few of those reasons include: no glass to break, stays chilled, lid keeps kids and dog tails from knocking over, easy to pack, etc. I only wish I’d seen the marble one!

Summersalt

I am in search of a bathing suit that I can really mom-it-up in. I’m talking RUN across the beach without thought. Have you seen the Summersalt one-shoulder one piece bathing suit all over the internet? I bought one (actually two, in sizes 4 and 6) with very very high hopes. While it was one of the best one pieces I have ever tried on, what ultimately pushed me to return both sizes was that there was zero bust support on the inside. No shelf bra, no cups (even thin ones), and no way to keep the girls in position other than the snugness of the suit itself. If you are smaller chested, you will probably love this suit. It felt great in all other areas!

Plant Based Juniors

Remember this post that I published last fall about tips for feeding a baby real food? I have a copy of the Plant Based Juniors e-book and I’ve been referencing it for tips on finger foods and recipes. Definitely recommend if you have a baby about the same age as Birch!

He would eat mum mums all day if we let him!

Themed Wines

Thou shall not choose a book by its cover, but wine should definitely be selected for its label! Tasting Room has Lord of the Rings themed wines in the bottle shop! Frodo is an Old Vine Zin that is delish. They also have a Walking Dead collection! These are my “take to party” wines 🙂

Erry Day I’m Side Hustlin’

KERF started as a tiny side hustle while I was working in public relations. Well, really KERF started as a hobby with no intention of creating any money. I remember about six months in my dad said to me “Why don’t you have ads on this blog of yours?” and that got the ball rolling. The next month I made a few hundred dollars through the BlogHer network and it grew from there. It was the perfect side job while I was in nutrition school. Many years later, my goal is to continue to diversify my income so that if one stream shrinks another takes its place. Beautycounter has been the most fun new side hustle I have started! It’s very similar to owning a franchise, and you get to do your own thing without having to reinvent the wheel. I created a KERF-themed PDF with all kinds of info for anyone interested. Just email if you’d like to hear more! (Katheats at Gmail dot com).

Beach Bound

We are heading to Bald Head on Saturday for our annual family beach trip! I’m planning to be in low power mode, but I’m sure I’ll publish some posts live from the island!

Serious concern:

We do not know how we are going to pack the car now that we have two carseats, a stroller, travel crib, golf clubs (!) and more. Any tips!?

The post Thought Download appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2N09Y6c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049