How Motherhood Balanced Me + What I Ate (+ Macros)

A certain little someone is heading to Kindergarten in just a couple of weeks, and I just can’t believe our baby is off to school. I feel like he was just starting preschool. Mumma is definitely going to shed some tears on the first day of school! But, honestly, Quinn is SO EXCITED about his new school, I can’t help but be excited too!

As part of our first day of school preparations, we needed to buy some supplies for Quinn as well as his classroom. On the list was a 3-prong plastic folder, markers, crayons, and glue sticks. Quinn loves shopping at Target and anything related to a good art project, so he was ALL about it! πŸ™‚

I honestly can’t believe summer is almost over. This is always a bittersweet time of the year for me – part of me is holding on tight to the last of these summer days, especially now that Quinn is heading off to Kindergarten, and the other is excited to get back into a fresh routine that comes with the start of the school year. But even though our days will be a bit more structured, it doesn’t mean they will be totally predictable.⠀

I often get asked how I balance being a mother with my career, exercise, and hobbies. But, honestly, there is no balance. And, if anything, motherhood has balanced ME. I’m totally a Type A personality and, before becoming a mom, sticking to my schedule was everything. I certainly wasn’t as flexible as I am now. But if there’s one thing that #momlife will teach you, it’s that there is no such thing as predictable. More often than not, I’m flying by the seat of my pants! Everyday is different and some aren’t easy, but they are all SO worth it!

What I Ate + Macros

Here’s a recap of what I ate yesterday with calories and total macros below. I hope my choices give you some delicious and nutritious ideas for your own meals and snacks! πŸ™‚

Breakfast: A rice cake with Teddie peanut butter and blueberries + a vanilla nut Teechino mixed with NutriClear Chocolate (hoping it will help my gut issues) and Nutpods.

Post-workout: Coco Mango Chia tea from David’s while running errands.

Lunch: Tofu scramble made with coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, and spinach with a piece of gluten-free toast with tahini.

Snack: Pink lady apple with Teddie peanut butter mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and a little bit of water to make a bitter dipping portion without all the fat.

Snack: Vanilla Almond Butter from RXBAR. The nice people at RXBAR sent me some of their jarred nut butters yesterday, and I could not wait to dig into them – literally! As soon as I opened the box, I grabbed a spoon to taste the Vanilla Almond Butter. It’s so darn delicious – like vanilla frosting mixed with almond butter. I honestly couldn’t keep my spoon out of the jar the rest of the night!

Dinner: Chicken stir fry with brown rice.

Dessert: More Vanilla Almond Butter. OMG, this stuff is so good! I guessed that I ate 4 tablespoons in MyFitnessPal, but I really think it was more!

Total macros: P 128 C 195 F 79 (1869 calories)

Question of the Day

Moms: How has motherhood changed you? 

P.S. Speaking of motherhood, you can read about My Journey With IBD & Pregnancy over on the IBD Parenthood Project website.

The post How Motherhood Balanced Me + What I Ate (+ Macros) appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/33IHsdP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049