I Slept 10 Hours… and I’m Still Tired [Timestamps]

Hi, friends! First things first: I slept 10 hours… and I’m still tired. How does that happen!? Oy. More on this in a minute!

So, I’m blogging from bed this evening. I put Quinn to bed and then just didn’t feel like watching TV, so I grabbed my laptop and started working on this recap from the day. I’m hoping to bring back more “day in the life” content after polling followers on Instagram. I’d say a good 90% of the replies I received were related to everyday life, family adventures, and daily meals. CNC basically started as a personal online journal, so I hope that’s where it ends up in the future. Full circle, right? 🙂

Anyway…

Quinn slept until 7:15 AM (!!) this morning, but I was so groggy when he came into our bedroom, Mal actually ended up going downstairs with him, which meant I got another 40 minutes of sleep. I honestly can’t remember the last time I slept until almost 8:00 AM, especially after going to bed at 10:00 PM the night before. Guys, I slept for nearly 10 hours! That’s UNHEARD OF.

When I check my sleep tracker on my FitBit, I barely ever hit more than 7 hours of sleep. Usually, I’m in the 6-7 hour range, and I’m honestly impressed by anyone who can get 8+ hours of sleep. How do you do it? Do you have a tiny human living with you? Haha! Ok, I honestly love that Quinn is an early riser, and I’ve always loved our mornings together, but sometimes I just want to sleep in, ya know? I go to bed pretty early, but I still can’t make that magical 8 hours happen. Any tips or advice? Anyone else in the same boat?

Ok, I’ve rambled on long enough… let’s get going with this recap, shall we? 🙂

Driveway workout yoga mat and brooks running sneakers

8:42 AM: Woohoo, pancake breakfast! The boys eat Mal’s famous cake-like pancakes, and I enjoy Pamela’s (gluten- and egg-free) Protein Pancakes with cinnamon and maple syrup on top. Mmm! I also had an iced coffee with Nutzest Smooth Vanilla protein powder and Nutpods.

Brooks Running sneakers and a yoga mat on the ground shot from above

10:14 AM: Driveway workout! I did a running + bodyweight workout. I used a yoga mat for push-ups on my knees. FYI: My sneakers are the Launch 6 from Brooks, which are on sale at Zappos (free shipping) for just $74, and there are lots of colors available! 🙂

10:45 AM: I’m feeling kind of snack-y (and thirsty) after my workout, so I slice up a cucumber (from our friends’ garden) and sprinkle on some sea salt.

10:47 AM: I share a few cucumber slices with Murphy, who is just a tad excited!

11:07 AM: Quinn and I break into his new Kiwi Crate. This one actually includes 3 mini projects, and it keeps us busy for a couple of hours!

A big Pyrex bowl with kale salad, black beans, and salad dressing

12:14 PM: We take a break for lunch. I hadn’t done any meal prep yet for the week, so lunch was a random mix of throw-together ingredients. In the mix: kale, black beans, Banza pasta, and leftover lemon tahini dressing from CAVA. It probably sounds a little strange, but it worked! 🙂 Lunch was definitely delicious, nutritious, and super satisfying!

Pug sitting in the grass at a park in Hanover, Massachusetts

2:47 PM: Park time with the boys! It was such a beautiful day, so we headed out for some fresh air and activity at Forge Pond Park.

A white bowl of homemade kale chips with a pug on the couch

3:01 PM: It’s too hot for pugs! Murphy lays down in the grass to cool off… while Quinn takes off his sneakers! 🙂

4:17 PM: Back at home, I’m exhausted and plop my butt on the couch. I watch half of an episode of “Summer House,” snuggle Murphy, and eat some kale chips while Mal and Quinn play baseball outside. WHY am I so tired after getting so much sleep the night before?!

6:13 PM: Dinnertime! On the menu: A rice bowl made with kale, shredded red cabbage, roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted red onions, baked chicken breast, and easy peanut sauce drizzled on top. It was SO GOOD!

7:26 PM: I finish off the night with – not one, but two – rice crispy treats that Quinn made. I gave him instructions and supervised, but he did everything else. His first batch of rice crispy treats turned out great!

Question of the Day

How often do you get 8 hours of sleep?

Any advice for prioritizing 8 hours? 

 

The post I Slept 10 Hours… and I’m Still Tired [Timestamps] appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2KFlj7w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049