One Foot In Summer

^^Mood

That is the first fall leaf. And that is P U M P K I N in my bowl!! With a fresh summer peach on top. That pretty much describes how I feel about August. Not wishing summer away (we’re heading to the beach again soon!) but also not complaining about crisp, cool September mornings on the horizon 🙂

Crumbled on top of my pumpkin + yogurt blend was a breakfast cookie I’ll be sharing soon!

Raspberry Jam + Fage Total with more breakfast cookie and blueberries

Birchie Breakfast

Peach slices, yogurt pouch (he slurps it himself) and bite-size cookie. (It’s made with carrot, apple, pumpkin and oats so it’s a wholesome cookie!)

Overnight Oats

with strawberries + sunflower butter. Kept me full for hours!

Missing Big Bro

I’ve gotten a few reports from Karen and Mazen. Their cell service is very spotty, but he’s having a good time! It’s been lonely here without him, so we went in his room to play with his stuffed animal collection. (He has about 100 thanks to Grammie!)

Gym Date

B and I went to the gym over lunch hour. I packed him a bento to have while there – pouch, puffs, blueberries. I went to a HIIT class and picked him up 45 minutes later. I need to be taking advantage of the great child care at ACAC! I don’t know why this is harder to do with a second child?!

Fueling Night Workouts

This week I had two night workouts – strength class at 6:45pm and soccer at 8:30pm. I have decided that I just can’t wait that late to eat dinner. Plenty quiche – or in this case Tomato Pie – was the perfect pre-workout dinner. It sits well in my stomach and is filling enough that I just need a small snack when I get home. I had it before both! One thing I know: I cannot have a salad before a workout.

Power Walking With The Coffee Moms

I guess moms are the target market for Yeti mugs :mrgreen: I met up with two of my friends for a triple stroller power walk. We loved it, but the babies got itchy by the end. Shorter walk next time!

Three Lunch Salads

  1. Plenty BLT pasta salad.
  2. A mish-mosh of things in our fridge, including potstickers.
  3. The last of the pasta salad with arugula, leftover BBQ chicken, cheese, and chips.

Birchie Lunch

Avocado, pasta salad, shredded BBQ chicken

Salmon Salad Nicoise

via Plenty. So delish with a dollop of sour cream on top!

B cleared his plate!

Have a great weekend!

The post One Foot In Summer appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2KkfR9Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049