High Low High [Life Lately]

Hi, guys! Happy Monday! 🙂

So, we’ve had quite the rollercoaster ride in the Haupert household lately, especially with regard to our health. I’ll give you all of the highs and lows in a second, but, first, I wanted to share some fun stuff from our weekend!

HIGH: Running with Quinn! Quinn and I took Murphy for a walk on Sunday morning. I was wearing pajama pants, a fleece pullover, and flip-flops. Quinn was decked out head-to-toe in running gear. He said he’d run while I walked Murphy, and things went as planned for about 5 minutes. Running alone was fun, but running with Mumma would be A LOT of fun! So, Quinn started to ask me again and again to run with him. I couldn’t run with Murphy (details below), and I wasn’t really dressed for a proper run, which Quinn, of course, noticed. He basically told me to get into workout gear and put on my sneakers, and he’d “come with me.” Long story short, we dropped Murphy off at home. I changed into my running attire, and Quinn and I ran about a mile together around the neighborhood. If you notice from the photo below, he’s wearing sweatbands (headband + wristbands), and used them to wipe his brow every few minutes. Haha!

On the run, we talked about triathlons since his favorite activities right now are swimming, biking, and running, and his interest was definitely piqued. I wonder if the little dude is a future triathlete?

HIGH: Eating Pixie Dust chicken wings and watching the Patriots game. Ok, who am I kidding… I didn’t care at all about the game, but the wings were amazing! A friend told me about them at a get-together on Saturday night, so we took a special trip to Whole Foods to grab a bag. (FYI: They’re in the prepared meat section.) And, my goodness, they’re incredible!! So tasty and so easy to make! I’ve heard Whole Foods also makes Pixie Dust chicken breast and a Pixie Dust seasoning, which I’m ALL OVER! Definitely keep a look out for them the next time you’re at Whole Foods! SO. GOOD.

Speaking of Whole Foods…

HIGH: I finally got to use my mesh produce bags! I’ve been shopping at Trader Joe’s lately, but buying very little produce since discovering that not all plastic can be recycled. I know… maybe I live under a rock, but I thought it could until recently. Know better, no better, right? Anyway, I bought new mesh produce bags and stocked up on fresh produce at Whole Foods yesterday.

Ok, now onto some of the lows with life lately. Whomp whomp. Of course, I’ll throw in some highs as well because we don’t need all of that negativity on a Monday morning.

LOW: Mr. Murphy has been dealing with some neck and back issues. A couple of weeks ago, he started to act really weird and then yelped in pain when we went to pick him up. We took him to the vet, the doc evaluated him, and then prescribed him pain meds. Murphy is slow, but surely getting better, and *hopefully* it’s not something he has to deal with long-term. The vet thinks he likely hurt his neck and/or might be dealing with a disk issue in his back. It’s hard to know for sure without an MRI, but we’re hoping lots of R&R and not jumping off our bed and couch will help him heal. Right now, he’s quarantined during the day (basically, just blocked off from he living room) and, at night, he’s allowed to sleep in bed with us, but we carry him up and down the stairs, so he won’t jump on or off our bed.

LOW: I’m still dealing with a flare and my mucus-y cough is back. Ugh, it’s been a “fun” few weeks, especially trying to get the information and meds that I need. The video below explains some of my “wtf moments” I’ve had lately.

HIGH: The LDN arrived on Saturday! Thanks to an Instagram follower, I found a local compounding pharmacy, who would fill the prescription for a fraction of the price. Woohoo! I started taking it immediately and haven’t seen any changes yet, but it can take up to 3 weeks to see if it has any affect. I’ve actually heard it can take months, so we’ll see. FYI: I’m giving LDN a try to see if it helps get me out of this flare as it can help regulate the immune system. The research is actually very promising, so I hope it works for me!

And I’ll leave you with one more high…

HIGH: I discovered this Fly-By Hoodie from Brooks, and I’m in love!

I mean, is this hoodie not the cutest ever!? I need!!

That’s all for now. I hope you guys have a wonderful Monday!! 🙂

P.S. It’s back!! My original free product promo was such a big hit, I was completely sold out within 24 hours. A bunch of you guys inquired about the promo after the fact, so I decided to bring it back with all new products! Get 2 FREE Full-Size Beautycounter Products With Purchase [Limited Time]!

Turn on your JavaScript to view content

The post High Low High [Life Lately] appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2nUrdcV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049