Consistency During the Holidays (aka Giving a Sh*t)

Hi, friends!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I can’t believe it’s Thanksgiving week. Usually, I’m not one to rush the holiday season, but I am soooo ready for it this year. My schedule is already filling up with holiday parties and get-togethers, and I’m sure you’re in the same boat, so I wanted to share two of my go-to tips for staying consistent over the holidays.

Ok, ok… I’m sure you’ve heard these kinds of tips one million times over the years, but these two, in particular, have helped me personally as well as my nutrition clients so much. They’re simple yet effective and definitely something to consider so you don’t totally throw in the towel with your habits this holiday season.

The first, and probably most important one for me, is…

1. You have to give a shit. ⠀

Excuse my English, but it’s the truth. I actually heard this on a podcast, it really hit home and has stuck with me for months now. ⠀

I was in a bit of a funk with regard to my exercise and eating habits. I had lost motivation, and… I dunno, I just didn’t care. But, at the same time, I was frustrated that I wasn’t feeling my best. ⠀

“Giving a shit” might seem like tough love, but this mindset has really worked for me. I mean, sure, I might not want to meal prep on a lazy Sunday or I’d rather watch TV than go to gym, but I care about my health and goals, so I know they’re worth my time and energy. ⠀

Sometimes, you just have to put on your big girl (or boy) panties and do it. It’s not always easy, but giving a shit definitely helps motivate me to stay consistent! ⠀

2. Throw the idea of “perfect” out the window.

Perfection is self-imposed. It’s often based on what you “need” to do or a specific timeframe. ⠀

When it comes to healthy eating, there isn’t a “right” way to do it. If you think you need to “hit your macros” on the dot every.single.day or intermittent fast for exactly 16 hours to see results, BUT it’s stressing you out and making you miserable, those ideas of perfection are ultimately hurting not helping you. ⠀

Instead, consider more “imperfect” goals for yourself: ⠀

  • Track only your protein and fiber for the day⠀
  • Only track your macros Monday – Friday ⠀
  • Instead of 16 hours, break your fast after 14 hours⠀
  • Stick to fasting only on the weekend⠀

If you think “bending the rules” isn’t good enough, I’d argue that you’re wrong. Your approach may not be perfect, but maybe IMPERFECT will get you a lot further with your goals. And perhaps that perfection mindset is exactly the thing holding you back. Something to consider, right? ⠀



Plus, when you’re flexible and find what works for you and your lifestyle, it makes it a whole lot easier to stay consistent!

3. Don’t fast-forward your healthy habits to the new year.

I know we’re all busy this time of year, but if your health truly matters to you (and you give a shit), it’s not an excuse to give up on what’s really important to you. Plus, the longer you put off the healthy habits and choices you KNOW are going to make you feel good, the bigger the hole you’ll have to dig yourself out of when it comes time to get back on track.

So, instead of promising yourself that you’ll get back on track in the new year, ask yourself: What can I do today to keep myself consistent? What (small) thing can I do to help me feel my best?

It doesn’t have to be an hour long Orangetheory class or even a “traditional” workout. How about a 10-minute dance party with your kids or taking 10 extra trips upstairs throughout the day? I promise, all of those flights will add up! 🙂 You could even pop into Whole Foods to make a huge-ass salad for dinner instead of getting greasy take-out. At the end of the day, something is always better than nothing!

P.S. The holiday season is all about finding out YOUR version of balance when it comes to your health. Inside this Guide to a Balanced Holiday Season, you’ll find a dozen nutritious, delicious, and macro-friendly recipes as well as tips and tricks to navigate holiday events between now and the new year in a mindful way. I hope you find this guide helpful and you are able to enjoy your healthiest holiday season yet – my gift to you!

If you’re already on my nutrition email list, you already received this guide. If you’re not on my list, be sure to sign up for exclusive content and discounts aka there’s something awesome coming for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!!

The post Consistency During the Holidays (aka Giving a Sh*t) appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2Oe70d4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub