Long Weekend Recap + 24 Days of Togetherness

Hi, guys! I hope you had a nice long weekend!

Our weekend was nice – a mix of friends and fun + relaxation and the usual weekend chores. I love being busy on the weekend, but I also enjoy the downtime as well. There’s just something so soothing about starting the week with a fridge full of food and all of the laundry cleaned, folded, and put away. Ok, well, the putting-away-the-laundry thing doesn’t happen every week, but it did this time! 🙂

Friday night, we went out to dinner at CAVA. We’re still obsessed, especially since Quinn loves the kid’s meal and we can order ahead on the app, which makes life 8 zillion times easier. Plus, CAVA is just so darn delicious. I really could eat it everyday and probably not get sick of it!

Saturday night, Mal and I went out to dinner at Riva with friends. We sat at the back bar, which is super cute and, oh, so cozy for the colder winter months. Dinner was absolutely delicious. We ordered the mussels and meatballs to share, and then I had the salmon with gnocchi and roasted carrots as my entree. Mmm!

After dinner, we headed back to our friends’ house for a game night, which, to our surprise, included a gender reveal! Our friends bought a small cake with the big reveal inside – it’s a girl! Mal and I were so pumped to be included in our friends’ special moment! 🙂

Meanwhile at home, Quinn was making Grandma’s special chocolate chip cookies with Papi and Lori, who volunteered their babysitting services for the night. Not paying for a babysitter = the best! Mal and I joke it’s like a half price night out! 🙂

On Sunday morning, Mal and I did the ol’ kid switcheroo for Orangetheory. He went to the 9:00 AM class, and I took the 10:15 AM, so we “handed off” Qman between classes.

I’m actually really loving Orangetheory lately. I’m getting so much faster and stronger on the treadmill, and the progress that I’m seeing is so motivating. I’m only going to two classes per week, but I’ve seriously considered increasing my membership. My only reservation is possibly getting injured. Running and overuse injuries are all too common for me. Maybe I shouldn’t push my luck?

Yesterday included some morning errands and then Quinn had a playdate with one of our neighbors. Our neighborhood has a lot of kids his age, so it’s nice we’re starting to get to know the families better to coordinate playdates and other activities.

I also spent sometime yesterday searching for recipes for Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving. We’re bringing an appetizer and dessert to each celebration, so I’m leaning toward this oldie, but goodie (and easy!) Roasted Grape Baked Brie Crescent Ring and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, which is gluten- and egg-free, so I’ll be able to enjoy it too! 🙂 If you want the recipe, just drop your email here, and I’ll send you the recipe!

Question of the Day

What are you making for Friendsgiving/Thanksgiving? 

P.S. It’s that time of year again! Our annual 24 Days of Togetherness is kicking off in just a couple of weeks. If you want your free PDF, just sign up here, and you’ll receive it in your inbox to print when you’re ready!

The post Long Weekend Recap + 24 Days of Togetherness appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2NGFyV6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049