Online Macro Calculators, Favorite IBD Resources, Anti-Candida Diet During the Holidays & Sneakers for Orangetheory

Hey guys!

Welcome to the next edition of CNC Instagram Live! As always, I’m so glad to be able to jump on here and answer some of your questions. I have another awesome list of questions from you guys, so let’s get started!

1. How come all macro calculators have different results when I input the same info? 

That’s the thing about online calculators – they are all different. There are a lot of very smart people who put these equations together, and they chose different things to include. For example, some are based on BMR while others are based on TDEE. Some include activity level, others don’t. Plus, there are different multipliers for different types of exercise you may do. Some take weight and body fat percetnage into consideration, while others don’t.

I’ve played around with a lot of different online macro calculators to compare how each one stacks up to the one I use for clients, and I’ll say I’ve gotten a variety of results. But after all, this is just an estimate of your energy needs – it’s a starting point. I always recommend to make adjustments within the first two weeks of counting macros if something feels off. And I also think it’s very important to work with a nutrition coach for this exact reason! A coach can help you achieve your goals depending on if you want to lose fat, feel better in the gym, put on muscle, etc. The feedback and support you get from a coach, you can’t get that from online calculator.

2. I was just diagnosed with UC. What are the best resources for IBD?

My opinion on this has definitely changed over the years of having IBD as there’s no one way to get better, and there’s not one resource that will help heal you. That said, these resources have been incredibly helpful in my journey battling UC.

  • CCFA
  • IBD-AID – a diet based out of UMass Amherst, focused on anti-inflammatory and prebiotics and probiotics
  • Against the Grain Podcast – hosted by GI doctor, Samir Kakodkar, who host amazing guests with a variety of perspectives
  • Lucy Mailing – super smart, studies the gut microbiome, works with Chris Kresser
  • Andrew Kornfeld (aka IBD Coach)
  • IBD Parenthood – great resource for those with IBD that are wanting to start a family
  • Facebook: Entyvio Warriors

3. What are you going to do during the holidays with your anti-candida diet?

The plan is to keep keep trucking along. I’ve been doing well on this diet and don’t want to give up now. I haven’t been eating as much sugar, so the plan is to keep that up. I won’t be indulging in as many special holiday treats as I usually do, but I’m sure I’ll have a few things here and there. I’ve had a little bit of Enjoy Life chocolate when a craving hits and having a little something once in a while helps to keep me more consistent overall. I never think of diets as black and white, so I’m doing what I can!

4. How did you first figure out your food sensitivities?

Whoops, I’ll make sure to answer this in a future edition!

5. Tips for traveling with UC?

Remembering back to my bad flare days, here’s what was important for traveling: planning ahead, packing all the foods, knowing where the bathrooms were, trying to find a grocery store where I could buy foods I could eat, and checking menus. Also, I’ve learned there’s something called a restroom request card that you can hand to managers at stores and it allows you to use their bathroom. I don’t have one, but may consider getting one if I need it in the future. And, of course, try not to stress since it can definitely make gut issues worse.

6. What sneakers do you wear for Orangetheory?

I either wear the Brooks Launch or Brooks Hyperion. They’re both great lightweight running shoes that also work on the weight floor at OTF. I actually just tried out these limited sprinkle sneakers (Brooks Ghost) at OTF yesterday and really liked them! šŸ™‚ I personally don’t like running in a super supportive shoe at Orangetheory because I’m not running more than 3ish miles on average. You can use the Shoe Finder on the Brooks website if you’d like help finding the right fit, or check out your nearest running store for a custom shoe fitting.

The post Online Macro Calculators, Favorite IBD Resources, Anti-Candida Diet During the Holidays & Sneakers for Orangetheory appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/34yDGTI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049