Thanksgiving 2019

{My new wreath from Target!}

Hi friends! It feels like forever since I chimed in with a post. Did that weekend feel long to anyone else? We had lots of hustle and bustle with family and friends Wed – Friday and then Thomas and I spent Saturday and Sunday relaxing and recharging. It was a super holiday overall!

Grammie + Pea Came To Visit!

Grammie brought Gus a toy duck, which is promptly tore apart. Grammie was not too happy!

Wednesday: Bball + Date Night

On Wednesday, Thomas took my dad to the UVA basketball game, and then G+P babysat the boys while T and I went on a date. We went to Ten Sushi and had a great time!

Thursday: Thanksgiving

We each took a shift in the kitchen. I made cranberry sauce (Teri’s version with bourbon!) and Pinch of Yum’s Sweet Potato Casserole.

Mom made her popular corn pudding, and Thomas smoked our turkey on his Big Green Egg!

He was happy as a clam smoking on our new porch!

I put together a mini version of the charcuterie board from last week.

And set the table!

Thomas’s parents and T’s cousin, Michael, also joined us. (Mazen was there but he was too cool to get in the group photo so we didn’t force him.)

I had an egg sandwich for breakfast, nibbles + cheese board for lunch, and a big plate for dinner at 5:00. Plus a generous plate of pie with whipped cream! We had three kinds: pumpkin, pecan, and apple, all from Paradox Pastry.

Birch loved the corn pudding and sweet potatoes! His first real Thanksgiving.

We were all worn out for the day and in bed by 9.

Friday

On Black Friday, I woke up and made a cranberry sauce smoothie! Hoping to share the recipe soon.

Thomas and I went to ACAC for a post-Turkey Day workout (led by Matt, yes that Matt!)

We said goodbye to Grammie and Pea and then had friends over all day to watch the UVA football game! The new porch TV was installed just in time. Thomas was in heaven! We had sandwiches and some beer and did lots of cheering (and chasing after kids!)

Trim The Tree

Our sweet little tabletop tree couldn’t hold too many ornaments. But the minimalist in me is loving it! Mazen had so much fun getting out the Christmas decor this year.

While Mazen, Birch, and I decorated, Thomas reheated all of the leftovers. I think he put more on my plate than I had on actual Thanksgiving!! But that was no a problem – I still ate it all :mrgreen:

I watched the latest Survivor episode on the edge of my seat!!

Saturday

We couldn’t wait it relax on Saturday after having company for a few days in a row. I went to my 8am workout class and had a slice of pie (!) and the rest of a smoothie for breakfast. Mazen went over to Matt’s for the night, and T and I caught up on laundry, emails, and couch time.

Saturday evening we went to a friends’ party for a bit before watching a couple episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix. It’s our new favorite show!

9 To 5 is my new favorite holiday lip color!

Beautycounter is on its final day of the best deals of the year!

Sunday Yoga

Breakfast of eggs, fruit + scone.

I was SO THANKFUL to get to go to a 75 minute hot yoga class at The Elements! My body and mind needed it so badly, and it had been way too long.

Hope you guys had a great holiday full of joy!

What was the highlight of your long weekend? Buy anything good for Black Friday?

The post Thanksgiving 2019 appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/37WBQyH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049