Our Winter Break Activities

Happy New Year!

I missed you all as I took some time to unplug. It was really nice to spend so much time with the kids without a thought of my computer. I know some of you think this blog writes itself (eye roll), but I haven’t taken a break from blogging that long in T W E L V E years. We played (hard), and during nap times, instead of frantically trying to upload something, I rested. One day when it was 70 degrees, Mazen and I sat side-by-side on the porch couch and I read my book. (He should have been reading but he got some screen time instead. I was ok with that!) I am looking forward to getting back to routine next week with part-time work and part-time momming! I have so much planned for 2020 that I can’t wait to dive into.

Here’s how we spent our break!

Toy assembly during dinnertime

So many forts!

Library Trips

Outings with Friends

(and some super warm days!)

The Skate Park

A Rollerskating Date

Brunch with girlfriends

Bowling with the Guys

Swinging at the Park

Lots of Walks

And I saw THREE movies!! Frozen 2 (great), Little Women (excellent) and Cats (loved it!)

My First Time Driving Thomas’s Tundra

New Year’s Eve

We had plans to stay home with the kids, but Thomas’s mom offered to babysit at the last minute and we said YES! We went to Zocalo where I had the delicious scallops and then went to the Prime 109 bar to cheers with bubbly. And if you’re wondering, we were asleep by 10pm. Next year we’ll stay up!

Food Highlights

We’ve been eating…

Tacos!

TWO Tacos!!

Big Green Egg Smoked Salmon with Roasted Vegetables

Yogurt Parfait

And Daily Harvest Smoothies

Chili x 2

Baked Ziti + Kale Salad

(with lots of toasted breadcrumbs!)

Smoked Salmon Salad

And plenty of delicious / chaotic breakfasts

Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday season.

xoxo,

Kath

The post Our Winter Break Activities appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/36lD9Gd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049