3 Favorite Salad Toppers

These three ingredients are my current favorite salad toppers from Trader Joe’s! A little crunch, a little chew and a hearty bed of kale underneath. 

Base Salad + Toppers

I like to keep some kind of base salad in my fridge so that I can add toppings and proteins based on what I’m craving. Sometimes I massage kale in olive oil and sea salt or a simple dressing or I have a homemade dressing and fresh greens ready to go. Other times it’s a full-on prepared salad or a jar of something good from Plenty, like the Citrus Curry Farro Salad!

I massaged this kale salad in a white balsamic dressing. The recipe is below! I love how neutral it is so that it works well with any toppers I add last minute. Additionally, here are three more homemade dressings I love.

Favorite Salad Toppers

I love a salad with a great combo of flavors and textures: a little cheese, something crunchy, something chewy. These three are all from Trader Joe’s – the king of yummy packaged real foods.

  • Chewy dried mandarin oranges (I’m hooked!)
  • Roasted and salted truffle marcona almonds (can’t get enough!)
  • Parmesan crisps (the best “croutons” imaginable)

We enjoyed this as a side salad with dinner, and it will make a great lunch with any kind of protein on top!

White balsamic dressing
Print

White Balsamic Dressing

This simple homemade dressing is great for all kinds of salads.
Course Salads
Cuisine American
Keyword olive oil, salad dressing
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 big salads

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp honey
  • Big pinch salt
  • 3 grinds black pepper
  • 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced

Instructions

  • Combine all ingredients in a blender and whirl!

Notes

Makes about 6 ounces of dressing. 

More salady things:

The post 3 Favorite Salad Toppers appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2T6nQga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049