First Weekend of Isolation

What a weekend. We went from concerned to nervous to totally isolated in just a matter of days.

On Wednesday Thomas and I went on a date to Alley Light. We had the rare chance that our sitter offered to come back that evening and so we snuck out. During our dinner we thought: “Could this be our last meal out for a very long time?” Yes, yes it was.

The next day (I think) they cancelled school Monday. All 3 of our soccer leagues cancelled games and practices until at least mid April. I went to the gym for the last time Thursday morning. The day after that the Governor of Virginia cancelled school indefinitely and one by one businesses closed. On Friday when Mazen got off the school bus I took the boys out for an ice cream cone. “We’ll stay outside and keep our distance. Our only contact will be the cone.” There were surprisingly many people on the Downtown Mall, enjoying meals and conversing.

We had beautiful weather on Friday which helped ease everyone’s tension. It was our first real warm. spring day, and I was comforted by the thought that quarantine doesn’t mean INSIDE. Nature will give us strength to get through this.

We played water blasters, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles. It was a glorious day.

On Friday night we enjoyed our porch!!! We had taco night in the warm air. Again, I was so grateful to be outside. Side note: our new table fromWest Elm (sold out) and chairs from Article are AWESOME!

On Friday night Birch was randomly awake from 1:30 – 5. I am not sure why – molars?  It was not fun, and we were all very tired on Saturday morning.

We had biscuits and bacon and eggs to wake up.

We spent most of the day like this:

I had a Splendid Spoon smoothie (LOVED the green one!) and a short nap for lunch.

In the afternoon we got back out to nature for a family walk to the park. I’m not so bad at football!

And finally, a simple homemade pizza dinner! (As yucky weather moved in.).

Birch slept great on Saturday night and I woke up to the smell of cinnamon french toast! That Thomas is something else <3

I am SO thankful we have a treadmill! It’s going to get a lot of use. I have a post about home workouts coming because we’ll be doing them a lot.

For lunch I had a leftover taco burrito:

Birchie and I took a walk while Thomas worked on the yard. Mazen went to Matt’s for the night. We had Mona Lisa stuffed shells and zucchini with mushrooms for an easy dinner.

I truly hope for the best for you all. While I’m trying to look for the silver lining in all of this, I also know for those of you in hospitality, health care, small businesses and more, this is going to be super tough. We’re doing our part to isolate and support those industries we can from afar. We’ve never experienced anything like this, and I think the scariest part is the unknown.

<3 <3 <3

The post First Weekend of Isolation appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/3aXyFHv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049