Hear Us Roar!

Photos by Marybeth Wells!

Road trip to Winston-Salem

I had such a fun time in Winston-Salem on Friday! (Note every time I have written “salem” this week I have typed “salmon” :mrgreen: ) I was supposed to be at the Beautycounter annual leadership conference in San Francisco this weekend. But Beautycounter decided to cancel it due to virus concerns. I was disappointed for a hot minute and then I realized I wouldn’t have to fly across the country and was relieved. Travel days stress me out. So instead, they planned a live stream and encouraged us to get together in our local areas. I drove down to Winston on Friday to get together with a few women on my team, including my BC BFF Teri and new friend Anna.

We planned a little photo shoot with Teri’s favorite photographer, Marybeth, while we were together, and it was so fun! It was also freezing cold and super windy! We should have been wearing parkas!

If you think we’re just selling lipstick,

you’re not paying attention.

Tomorrow, for the first time in 82 years, the U.S. House of Representatives will hold a committee vote on a cosmetic bill. This subcommittee was the one our founder Gregg Renfrew testified before in December. Want to help? Text BETTERBEAUTY to 52886 to let your representative know that there is high demand for transparency in the beauty industry.

Get to know Beautycounter

This video is a great 2:00 snapshot of what Beautycounter is all about. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any interest in joining our mission – there is free enrollment going on right now! Or if you’re just curious about products, you can fill out this form and I will email you some recommendations!

Co-working spaces are cool!

I had so much fun watching the live stream with other consultants. We spent the day in Teri’s co-working space, Flywheel, and it was super hip and cool!

I kind of want to work in an office now, and I’m actually writing this from the one in Cville! Testing it out for a day.

Lunch

Anna brought us salads from Local. Mine was topped with fried oysters! And we snacked on the most delicious cookies, chocolate almonds, fresh fruit

Dinner

After the conference was over, we went to dinner at Diamondback Grill where I had this amazing entree of bacon-wrapped crab-stuffed shrimp!!

Saturday

I got to stay at Teri’s and met her hubby Tommy (he is so similar to Thomas it’s funny!) I was totally fan-girling Teri and sitting in her home office and talking about my outfit in her mirror – we had a blast laughing!

We went for a power walk to Bobby Boy Bakeshop where we got delicious pastries, quiche, and lattes!

Back To My Boys

I drove 3.5 hours home to get back to my boys. I was happy to spend my Saturday afternoon and evening in PJs snuggling with them.

We had simple dinners and went to bed early so we’d better adjust to the time change in the morning.

Sunday

Check out this fancy breakfast Thomas made for us. He went to JM Stock while I was gone and picked up biscuits and bacon.

Favorite moment:

Birch and I went to a playdate with some friends. These four have been friends since they were itty bitty!

Thomas and I had a 5:00 soccer game and ordered a pizza for Nona and Mazen, which we dove into when we returned.

Fun fact: they now make chocolate Lucky Charms! Thanks to General Mills for sending these to us.

Hope you guys had a fabulous weekend!


Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to publish weekend posts on Tuesdays! This is working so well, and my Sundays have never been better <3

The post Hear Us Roar! appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/33gZbcB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049