Comparing YOU THEN versus YOU NOW

Rewind to 6 years ago…⁠⠀
⁠⠀
I was 39 weeks pregnant with Quinn! ⁠⠀
⁠⠀
And in looking at this photo… it’s funny to think how much my perspective on fitness has changed since becoming a mom and getting older. It’s not better or worse… it’s just different. ⁠⠀
⠀⁠⠀
We talk a lot about comparing ourselves to others, but what about comparing yourself to YOURSELF? ⁠⠀

It’s easy to fall into the trap of analyzing YOU THEN versus YOU NOW… pregnant versus not pregnant, 30 years old versus 40 years old, crushing “Murph” on Memorial Day versus completely modifying the workout to fit your current fitness level… the truth is, as life changes, so do our bodies and priorities. ⁠⠀
⁠⠀
I know my body might not be the same as it was ten years ago, but I’ve come to accept it and work WITH it. I used to feel bad and get down on myself because I wasn’t at the same fitness “level” as I once was. ⁠⠀
⁠⠀
Over the years, though, I’ve set new goals and tried different workouts, but most importantly, I’ve learned to listen to and appreciate my body… for real. ⠀

Basically, what REALLY matters to me, related to my health and wellness, has shifted. It’s not good or bad, better or worse… it’s just different. And we only get one body, so we need to do our best to take care of it! ❤️⠀

The post Comparing YOU THEN versus YOU NOW appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2zmNQgB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub